Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Simms Ski

Well I spent about three hours working on the damaged Simms ski and was able to get it straightened back to close to normal. It's still a little crooked but should work fine. The rear weld holding the skag on ski was cracked but after straightening it the crack didn't get any worse so I didn't re-weld it. The axle bolt support running through the ski leg was slightly bent and I tried to straighten it but since it's tempered steel I didn't have a lot of success and left it alone. It will work as is. So please keep the speeds slow until we get another foot or more of snow to cover our hazards. I kind of hate to repair damaged equipment that could be prevented by just slowing down. We're going to be hitting hazards but slow speeds will keep damage to a minimum. Thanks, Paul